|Night of Champions (2008)|
|Date||June 29, 2008|
|Preceded by||The Great American Bash (2008)|
|Followed by||SummerSlam (2008)|
Night of Champions (2008) was the second annual Night of Champions professional wrestling pay-per-view event produced by World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE). Though it was the second annual event under its name, it was the eight annual event in the Night of Champions chronology. It took place on June 29 2008 at the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas and featured talent from the Raw, SmackDown, and ECW brands. As with last year's event, every championship in WWE was defended at the event.
- John Morrison and The Miz defeated Finlay and Hornswoggle to retain the WWE Tag Team Championship.
- Morrison pinned Hornswoggle after throwing him off the top turnbuckle.
- Matt Hardy defeated Chavo Guerrero (with Bam Neely) to retain the WWE United States Championship.
- Hardy pinned Guerrero after a Twist of Fate.
- Mark Henry defeated Kane (c) and The Big Show in a Triple Threat Match to win the ECW Championship.
- Henry pinned Kane after a Running Splash.
- Ted DiBiase and Cody Rhodes defeated Hardcore Holly (c) in a Two-on-One Handicap Match to win the World Tag Team Championship.
- DiBiase pinned Holly after a Cobra Clutch Legsweep.
- During the match, Rhodes turned on Holly, with whom he had been partners with, and was revealed as DiBiase's mystery partner.
- Kofi Kingston defeated Chris Jericho (with Lance Cade) to win the WWE Intercontinental Championship.
- Kingston pinned Jericho after a 540 Kick.
- During the match, Shawn Michaels interferred on Kingston's behalf.
- After the match, Jericho and Michaels got into a brawl.
- Mickie James defeated Katie Lea Burchill (with Paul Burchill) to retain the WWE Women's Championship.
- James pinned Burchill after a Mickie-DT.
- Edge defeated Batista to retain the World Heavyweight Championship.
- Edge pinned Batista after hitting him with the World Title Belt.
|2001 • 2002 • 2003 • 2004 • 2005 • 2006 • 2007|
|Night of Champions|
|2008 • 2009|